- Never go alone- bring a partner. Travel in pairs
- Before entering, ensure that someone not entering knows you are going in, and when you expect to be out
- Before entering, determine the cause of your mission- your mission objective. Bookcase? Couch? Oven? Meatballs? Figure it out
- Upon entering, locate The Path
- Do not disengage from The Path until you have reached your mission destination. Many have been lost forever to the wilds of IKEA by not obeying this. Very few are ever located again by the sparse store employees.
- Upon reaching your mission destination, you may disengage from The Path ONLY when accompanied by your partner (physical contact should be maintained- ie, holding hands, holding shirt sleeve, both holding an end of a rope, etc)
- When you disengage from The Path to acquire the data for your mission objective (ie, the item number for the bookcase, couch, meatballs, etc), it becomes your partner’s responsibility to maintain visual contact with The Path. Much like weeping angel statues, The Path will move if not actively being watched. This will strand you and your partner in the wilds of IKEA, so ensure you choose a partner wisely.
- Upon acquiring the mission objective data (ie the item number), navigate back to The Path. You may disengage physical contact with your partner once you have safely returned to The Path
- Do not leave The Path again. It will naturally end at the warehouse/stock section. This is a long, huge hall with many branches.
- At the entrance of the warehouse section, acquire a cart if necessary. Using your item coordinates, locate your mission objective. Do not leave the main hallway except for the branch where your item is located. Like The Path, the wilds of IKEA sometimes sneak up on travelers that wander the warehouse section
- Once your item has been loaded, head to the check out section. Do not touch anything in the boxes along the way. They appear to be full of candles or stuffed animals or useful kitchenware; it is a ruse. They are carnivorous.
- After checking out, exit to the loading area. Load your item, and leave.
- Do not look in your rearview mirror as you leave. It shouldn’t pursue you if you don’t look back.
its the notion of boycotts
you wanna know why the bus boycotts of the civil rights movement were so successful?
because an alternative black run transportation system was created for those who couldn’t walk to work or whatever they had to go
they didn’t just tell people “oh the bus enforces racist policies so don’t take it and FUCK if you can’t get to work on time or where you need to be!”
they said “hey you’re paying to get on the bus and not even being given a seat let alone being ejected if a white passenger needs your seat. here’s a potentially better alternative where you pay to sit down and get to where you need to go”
all this “boycott Target, Walmart, Monsanto owned companies” comes from a notion of boycott located in the politic of privileged white people
and that’s why they are largely unsuccessful
its why Obama just gave Monsanto the green light to commit even more fuckery to your food
its the reason why cooperation are considered people
its the reason why Walmart is allowed to usurp safety and labor regulations in their factories, and underpay their American workers
because you say “don’t spend your money there” and that’s the end of the story
you expect people to locate their survival in a politic of “abstaining from unethical choices”
and then from there those unethical choices are somehow supposed to magically disappear. when really only a small percentage of people are able to boycott so many things
there wouldn’t be a movement located around the “99%” if 99% of people could really afford to stop shopping at the unethical places and stop buying the unethical brands
good luck with your hocus pocus activist logic
Building alternative institutions is something liberals can’t even imagine. That’s just going “too far.” One thing to oppose evil individual actions of corporations but alternatives, which is this case would have to be inherently not capitalist? Too threatening to their middle-class power.
weepingwitch replied to your post “just sitting here in awe, overwhelmed and amazed post watching…”
I’ve heard really good things about it? I will probably try watching it soon?
yes! watch it! it was so good. though warning for it being super violent and sad in both existential and character sympathy ways.
I’m really happy of having had the chance to join this awesome project, I hope everyone enjoys the book!
MCU Bucky, Sam, and Steve
HeroesCon 20414 sketch
Bucky’s grin is a bit uncanny, but I never promised amazing likenesses for these. We went the fashion route for these three, and I didn’t have too much focus on making them terribly character appropriate - I just wanted them to look goooood.
So I’m new to this but old to Social Media. My purpose for being here is to blog about my experiences online and get out of the 140 character limit.
I have tried turning on the /ask feature but it’s just fills my inbox with random posts and questions that I see everywhere else.
I’m going to try to do something different here - to manage the topic of conversations. If you follow me you must wait 2 weeks before you can reply (it’s not my rule; it’s Tumblr.)
I look forward to discussing topics. If you follow me on other social media sites you’ll know I take everything with a bit of fun; hopefully that will continue on this site as well.
I have to get started on my first blog.
My best, Bill
just sitting here in awe, overwhelmed and amazed post watching snowpiercer